Tuesday, May 31, 2011

the historia

Not long ago I hosted a Cinco de Mayo gathering because I truly believe in the holiday and everything it stands for.

Need I not mention what it stands for; I trust we are all on the same page...

The lamentable guacamole contest and the cheap stick-on mustaches went excellently, and I mean excellently, with the flowing margaritas and random mix of people that came and went throughout the evening, all of whose mouths were so thirsty for the bottomless waterfalls of sweet, sweet tequila...

Amongst such crowd were two neighbors, who rather unexpectedly came down from directly above us (like angels!!!!) somewhere around 1 and 3 a.m., as some sources vaguely have it.

A little background on these aforementioned characters before we actually met them, which was that very night:

Renée: no idea of their existence
Joan: saw one of them once, maybe twice, but couldn't remember a single thing about her, except that he felt attracted to her presence
Carlos: saw one of them in the elevator one time, and remembers feeling this strange "in love" sensation (read: boner)

Anyway, back to that night. I mentioned "we met them" but really I mean just I met them. I happened to have the apartment to myself that weekend (PARTY!) and thus Carlos and Joan were unfortunately not present for that special night the three female spirits united, when they crashed the party and I fell in love.

I was delighted by their spontaneity, but mainly our neighbor-status, probably because I was so drunk.

No, no. I take that back. I have always been particularly in to loving thy neighbor. Especially cool, young female neighbors in a building of 80% old people and an apartment 66% boy. I am a minority, and I seek out my kind.

So these two cute girls show up and really they were just charming. I vaguely remember thinking, with 100% confidence in my state of drunken happiness: ¡¡ these girls are going to be my new!best!friends!!! there is no other way the world can beeee!!!!

Which is what I told Carlos and Joan when I related the exciting news to them, knowing how excited they would be. I wanted them to rest assured that I would definitely be inviting the girls over for dinner.

Anyway, I unfortunately shouldn't go any further because I am respectable enough on the internet. And in all reality there is nothing too juicy--just rather comical details. But you can take what you will when I say, It appears there might be a historia building up, exciting news considering that I have double-whammy girl-crush as well as a weak spot for minor gossip.

Which brings me to this: I do often battle with longing for female presence at home (probably the root of the girl-crush) but I have finally come to accept the fact that more often than not, boys are just like girls. So I can live without the estrogen and really, live quite well... But this is not to say that I won't join the crowd in wooing them. Stay tuned for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment