Sunday, June 19, 2011

weekend

My day is like this:

I get up at the crack o'dawn as usual and spend the morning in bed. Toast and coffee, oh wait there's no milk or bread, downstairs, back up for toast and coffee. Then back to bed.

Around 12 I finally make it out of bed, out to the street, take a stroll, there's no way you can stay indoors on such a beautiful day.

So why not something to read and an icy caña on a shady terraza? Yes, yes, that will do. And then off to the plant store, because here's un update on the plants: THEY ARE SO HAPPY. Except little cherry tomato number two. He is being devoured by evil spiders. Plant store, check.

Back home for a solo lunch, impressive nap, and then an afternoon apartment jam session of heavy rock (going to THIS next weekend!!!!!), drinking the iced tea we made yesterday, it's SO DELICIOUS, which is most definitely a result of the robust mint that is taking over aforementioned plant bed.

Back out to the street, have another drink, its 7 p.m. but the afternoon is only just beginning!

And then, as I'm out the door, a nettlesome thought occurs to me. Because, like the evil spiders of poor little cherry tomato, it has been plaguing my mind lately:

Am I really thinking of abandoning this?

1 comment: