Saturday, June 11, 2011

saturday

Today I was thinking of all the delightful things Vickie has sent me since I have been living in Madrid..

My mother, like many of her kind, loves to shower me with gifts. The sheer pleasure she gains by gifting me with anything--whether it be wise knowledge like a piece of invented health advice or something material like a little black dress--I have to admit that I often verge on being a spoiled-by-mom girl. But come on--who isn't, if at least to a certain degree?

Since we see each other once a year these days [:( ], she must sometimes expel bursts of generosity through sending packages. She will easily drop 60 dollars to send an exploding one-month-late Christmas package. Inside will be all sorts of goodies. I'm not kidding. Granted, they can rarely compare with those of the college days, but that is circumstantial.

And in any case, there are equally impressive curiosities like three pounds of peanut m&ms, or a pair of wedge sandals. Once even, a mini and dismantled fake Christmas tree complete with all adornments, and always, assorted paper products. Oh mama, you know me so well...

This came once. It's a notepad that she scattered with inspirational thoughts, some of her own and some of the world.

If you know Vickie--you know she is REALLY into quotes. It's a problem, we think she has an addiction, she might need help.

Enjoy the very brief selection I have made of this awesomeness (there must be at least 50):








1 comment: