Monday, April 11, 2011

from

What a funny little word...from. Why do we pronounce it the way we do? Why does it make me think of german mushrooms for no apparent reason? Why is the english r so ugly, and why don't I speak french? This is how I waste Monday afternoons.

Take some every day word, write it down on paper and just look at it. Study it skeptically. Wonder if you are spelling it right. Question its authority. This just happened with from and I.

Oh how I wish I could toss it from my word bank, it's all of the sudden such a stranger to me... but there is no breaking up with from nor any other equally unpleasant preposition of the english language, like toward...

Luckily we've got the dark and sexy under or the soft and subtle with to make up for such an unappealing gathering of four little letters, from.

1 comment:

  1. Speak a little bit of a romance language, and you become nothing more than a hater.

    Coming FROM a FRiend

    ReplyDelete