Monday, November 30, 2009

some updates

For those of you who are out of it in the world of soccer--Madrid and Barcelona played last night. Barcelona won 1-0. It´s a rather sore subject, so I´ll leave it at that.

The pumpkin pie was for the most part a success. It tasted pretty good to me (even though the damn crust was still dough) and I received many raving reviews. However, some of the professors claimed to like it, but any observant eye would have noticed that they didn´t finish the small slice I gave them (I gave everyone very small slices for this very reason). The apple pie was also a success--but it really had nothing on the AMAZING turkey my friend Rachael made. I could not believe it--her first try!! And stuffing! Oh stuffing--why can´t I eat you every day? I have been dreaming about it since last Thursday. If anyone feels like sending me boxed stuffing (or whatever it is) I will love you forever! This is a serious request:

Carlos Lanza/Renee Christensen
Calle Sirio 2
Getafe, Madrid 28905 ESPANA

Today I bought a bus ticket to Granada for the "puente" this upcoming weekend. We have Monday AND Tuesday off! And since I always have Fridays off--5 day weekend! Who is jealous? WHO is jealous?! I am going Saturday to Tuesday, as the chicos del barrio are having a dinner party of sorts on Friday (parents out of town!!) that sounded way too fun to miss. Plus I really don´t need 5 days in Granada, which is apparently not much bigger than the very town of Getafe I live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment