Thursday, December 3, 2009

amigo invisible

Yesterday at school all the professors drew names for the annual "amigo invisible", their version of secret santa (I personally think our name is much cuter). I really, really, REALLY like secret santa, so this was very exciting.

Especially since I drew Alfonso, the very cute 5th and 6th grade physical education teacher. This adds a whole new element of excitement to the game, considering I´ve had a minor crush on the guy since the first day of school (no shame in admitting this--he has a girlfriend). We don´t really speak much, not only because his face embarasses me, but also because he is from Cordoba, in Andalucia, and his accent is very difficult to understand. He generally has to repeat things two or three times until I get it.

Virginia is in charge of secret santa, probably because she has the most holiday spirit. She has really inspired me this week with all her stories about the school´s previous christmas celebrations. I really really love this woman. Anyway--she had me construct and decorate a giant box to put in the teacher´s lunch room for secret santa this morning, as the festivities begin today. Every day until the last day of school, we are supposed to put little notes with riddles, poems, or jokes that could somehow hint who we are. This is going to get a little tricky for me, since I don´t want to give away who I am with crappy spanish, but luckily Virginia and I already spilled to each other who we have, so she can help me out.

On the last day of school, the 22nd, is when we give the real gift, which we are to spend 15 Euros on. After that, there is a big party with all the professors, which apparently includes a lot of wine (at school!) and kareoke (also at school hehe). After that we will all go out to dinner together, and continue the party elsewhere. I will wake up the next day, hopefully without a hangover, and fly to Paris. Ah, can´t complain.

1 comment:

  1. Querido Alfonso,

    Soy la apple de su ojo! Yo soy Virgo... he oido que estamos compatibles!

    Su amigO (o A?),

    Amante no tan invisible

    ReplyDelete