Monday, August 9, 2010

part two

The scene:

I am seated at a heavy wooden breakfast table planted in the center of a vast lofted apartment...looking and listening to the buzz across the street at the AT&T ballpark...Ash and Ralph passed out on the couch in front of me. It's 10 pm, you old farts!

I should be on my merry way to Spain right now...but things get complicated sometimes.

Instead I spent all the live-long day sleeping in a heavenly bed (no, really--imagine your dream bed. This was my dream bed) and lucidly dreaming about dive bars and golf pars. It sure felt like night though, considering I never went to sleep last night. And anyway sleep hasn't been much of a desired activity these days. Insomnia.slowly.creeping. The body has a mind of its own, and wants to get a head-start on the battle against jet-lag.

Well, I have to admit that perhaps it was meant to be. Last night was surreal...singing this with Kaitlyn at the neighborhood kareoke bar and then restlessly lounging around with the mice at the apartment until the wee hours...I certainly was not feeling ready at 6 am this morning which was apparent by the exhaustion-induced tears that were shed somewhere around 7 at SFO. After laying low in the city all day, and a second going-away dinner with my presently snoozing company (I swear I'm leaving guys), I'm feeling a whole lot more prepared to say goodbye. Thanks to my wonderful sister and family and friends for the as-always wonderful times. Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway because it feels good, I will MISS you.

See you soon, Madrid!

1 comment:

  1. I MISS YOU :'(

    And IIII am not an old fart, Ralph is. :P and we blame your contraption for the heavy eyelids.

    ReplyDelete