Thursday, July 8, 2010

the return

Hello from the city by the bay! If I were writing bad poetry, the next line would be "Well, what's there to say?"

I am having issues getting started. What IS there to say? I've been back stateside for about two and a half weeks, and it's been such a whirlwind that I don't really know how or where to pick it back up...

When I had my summer vacation in mind, I imagined kicking it off with five relaxing weeks in San Francisco...but it's been nothing of the sort. In reality, it's thus far been jam-packed with activity...from a wedding, to the world cup (CAMPEONES!), to concerts, to just plain enjoying the company of family and friends while sampling this city's incredible array of ethnic eateries (something there isn't a whole lot of in Spain). It's been non-stop.

Today is the first day in a while that I find myself able to indulge in solo time, to catch my breath and catch up with myself. I feel as though I have grown so accustomed over this past year to an unceasing laxness and tons of spare time...the result being a slight culture shock which has physically manifested itself in my lower neck and shoulders.

This weekend I will make the journey to the opposite coast for a wild and crazy and SWEATY (so excited for sticky, humid, hot heat) weekend in NYC. Is this all going to be over before I can swallow it down? Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment