Sunday, July 24, 2011

sunday

I can title and thus organize these sporadic posts by the day, that way I remember, precisely, which day it is.

Such is summer living on a teacher's schedule, and yes, I think I will stay with it...

As fate had it, I recently found that planning for next year's plan is taken care of for me: the slightest lift of a finger was enough to rope in a really awesome job for the next school year.

I feel as though this is well-worth mentioning: I was not job searching in Spain. Private lessons are so fruitful that my minimal hours give enough straight pocket money to live by, and I had every intention of continuing at least into September and maybe October. And this was not to make the cash, but rather to spend it--buying time...

I guess I just didn't know what I wanted to do, where I wanted to be, LIFE, if I was ready to up and leave Madrid...it's been an interesting two years and I can't deny the fact that it gets better every day... so I asked myself, why so nomadic?

(this I asked myself in the two minutes they granted me to make my decision about a job offer, one that came out of nowhere, working in a charter school that is coincidentally two minutes walking from my house, just to state one of the infinite reasons why it's perfect)

I crave stability, I've realized this about myself. I admit that I sometimes did not seek it in Madrid. Not in the profound way, how could I, having realized this past year that, eventually, I want to be closer to family and friends....this is important.

But despite all vain attempts of resistance, humans adapt, and what was once foreign, little by little, becomes so incredibly familiar, and voilá, you're at home. I've found my stability, my life here...why not sink into it just a bit more?


So all in all I'm not coming home yet, no US next year... those two letters imply a lot. It would be a lie to say there isn't a part of me that is for obvious reasons disappointed, but I can't let this overshadow my excitement. Because It's EXCITING. And I'm going to relax and take it all as a sign, because this is the way I like to take things.

No comments:

Post a Comment