Tuesday, March 15, 2011

st. patty's day

Part of being an ex-pat is making even more of an effort to celebrate homeland traditions than when you are actually there. Your obnoxious enthusiasm doesn't harm anyone.

I don't care that St. Patrick's day isn't even from my country, we have always celebrated it with reckless abandon, and this is probably thanks to Hallmark. Love them.

So we are going to have a "pot-of-gold" potluck at school, and of course I signed up to make dessert. The sweet tooth aches with longing at any and all opportunities to spoil it.

Everyone has a Martha Stewart friend, and mine is Mel. You might remember her from a recent post...she's the one who dances sexy-style in heels. Anyway, she is constantly opening my eyes to all sorts of household tricks, one of them being the incredible website chow.com. I was enlightened just this past Thanksgiving, and things haven't been the same since. This place is hostess heaven.

And now I would just like to share with the rest of my tiny world this fabulous St. Patty's day recipe set that they have put together to honor our glorified saint of beer. Or something.

Even if you aren't having a pot-of-gold potluck, using beer with your culinary endeavors is always fun and I'd actually recommend it any time of the year! I had a really hard time deciding, but I think I will make the Guinness Stout ice-cream. Good lord, I almost can't contain the excitement!

1 comment:

  1. but do you have an ICECREAMMAKER!? i cannot believe that.

    ps, will you be in Madrid Semana Santa? i'll be picking up and dropping off the parents from baraJas! a get together!?

    ReplyDelete