Wednesday, February 2, 2011

story of my life


El Columpio (The Swing)
Álvaro Fernández Armero
Sorry, I couldn't find English subtitles! You might recognize the actress from Pan's Labyrinth.

Anyway, it sort of disheartens me thinking about all the lonely people out there. Why are we such lonely people?!

Stop pretending to be so dégagé about that stranger you've been eyeing on your morning commute.

Try growing some balls and saying something beyond "how are you" to the cute barista at your coffee shop.

Don't wait til the last second to ask for my number on the metro just as the doors are closing in our desperate faces!

Or, we could all continue being cowards, reading the craigslist "missed connections" page to ease the pain, whilst pondering the utterly heartbreaking truth about our kind: in the end, we are all alone!

1 comment:

  1. I agree . Very often we are so scared to make the first step, because we`re afraid the reject. Happened to me dozens of times. I hope the next time I`ll (we) make the decision for someone (who seems) very special. Saludos (amigo/amiga)

    ReplyDelete