Tuesday, March 13, 2012

spring


Well it's not officially spring but it sure feels like it...

Last weekend I was so inspired by the nice weather that I had to buy a bike. It was an impulse decision, and one that I have not regretted.

As if it were fate, this adorable Italian bicycle fell into my hands for 80 euros and a walk down the street: upon calling the number listed on the ad, I found that the seller was not only a fellow American but also my new neighbor. Here is Lucas fixing it up...I thank the lord every day for handy men (and women--though I have yet to meet one of the sort):


Later in the weekend, this happend:

This is the face you make when you have 11 days of vacation coming up and still no plans.

Yes, that's right...the most holiest of weeks grants me not only with Monday through Friday, but also the prior Friday and the following Monday. And no plans.

But if it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done. Yesterday finally booked tickets to Ibiza for the first half, for a birthday and beach and probably overdue rain, and the second half will be spent road-tripping around Extremadura, the forgotten Old West of Spain. Just like that, I have not only one awesome plan but TWO.

So now I'm like this:

EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment