Wednesday, October 19, 2011

wednesday

It has been some time since I've written about any cultural idiosyncrasy that is what being "an American in Spain" is all about...

But in any case, it's been some time since I've written anything at all.

I've been feeling a little blah lately in every sense of the word. It's funny how this "blog" thing really becomes a habit: one that, despite making you feel good, is easy to fall out of. Like jogging I suppose. I'm having a tough time getting back into it.

This is probably because my life has been taken over by work, something completely foreign to me since the good old college days. I often joke that Spain has made me lazy...but let's be honest, that is a cheap scapegoat. It's my nature. And anyway I'm not lazy. I prefer the euphemism of "relaxed", I have always been a bit relaxed...

Perhaps that is why fate brought me to this country, and maybe, among other reasons of course, why I have remained here for so long...there isn't a better word that describes the general culture of life here...relaxed..

And I would also like to thank fate for bringing me to this new place around the corner called Centro de Estudios Castilla which has basically been whipping me into shape during the last month and a half. Work has been hard. I'm nearly a quarter century old, and apparently the universe thinks I need to start acting like it.

Last month marked my two years in Spain, which have been more or less a ride on cloud nine of easy living...

And it's not that I'm not ready to step into the next phase of growing up...have more or less a "real job" per say.... but just a few words to my dear year three: please get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment